motions of mercy

A new found song today!!

Mercy has been a word that God has been whispering and speaking over me the past few weeks.

(Side Note: The well known Psalms 136, the NIV say, "His love endures forever" and in the NKJV, it says, "His mercy endures forever." Interesting...)

I have been meditating and reflecting on that word. God is downloading much, deep within my soul, touching the core of my very being. Experiences and events that were once hazy and foggy, He is making clear - enlarging my view to more clearly see from where He stands. And let me say, the view is breath taking!

At this juncture in my journey, the view of mercy God has been singing over me is this definition: "Something
that gives evidence of divine favor; blessing."

And then I think about this popular song line, "What if the trials of this life are your mercies in disguise."

Or maybe I could say it this way, "What if the trials of this life is your love in disguise?" He generously waves his love over me.

While favor/blessings and trials may seem to be polar opposites just by the sheer word alone, and maybe even for the world's standard, but for me tonight, it makes sense and goes perfectly and harmoniously together.

I want to continually be caught up in the motions of His mercy. I want to be gracious in extending mercy.

Comments

Popular Posts