reaching in and reaching out

It's amazing the timing of all things. God has me in this new season. For as long as I can remember, my heart has been greatly burdened for women ministries but even more recently, issues of human trafficking has been resurfacing over and over. The fire was further ignited after a movie I watched over a year ago but I felt "helpless" as to my efforts against a massive problem. In God's infinite wisdom and his perfect timing, he contintues to bring all things together.

Over the past few months, God has been pouring in contacts, resources and information my way by way of my church. I know it is time to bring about a greater awareness. Here are some ministries opportunities I am actively supporting:

1. Charasia. (http://www.charasia.org/)

MetroLive (@ Houston First) has partnered with Charasia to help rescue little girls out of the red light district. MetroLive has set up a target registry if you would like to purchase the needed items for donations.

2. Redeemed Ministries. (http://www.redeemedministries.org/)

Right here in our own city, issues of sex exploitation is rampant. My Sunday School class has partnered with this ministry.

3. Exodus Cry. (http://www.exoduscry.com/).

My Sunday School class made me aware of this information found off of the Exodus Cry website: "Conservative estimates suggest more than 40, 000 women and children will be trafficked into and through South Africa leading up to and through the World Cup."

As a result, prayer warriors are needed. There has been a call for intercessory prayer for 31 days from June 11 to July 11. Visit the website for a prayer guide.

This is where I am. This is my current season. This is not a fad. This is not a "feel" good Christian duty or phase, it's my passion.

What a beautiful picture of the Body of Christ. I am not in this fight alone. God has sent others before me to prepare the way and for us to partner together for this cause. Glory!

Comments

Popular Posts