The Emerald City

Greetings, from "The Emerald City." I'll save you a few keystrokes, it's Seattle, Washington. Home of the Seahawks, original Starbucks, Costco, Amazon, and Microsoft, just to name a few, and also, home to the Truongs. Yup, we moved, again. It's a never ending adventure. :) 

Let's see ... in a matter of 2.5 months, we had a baby, moved cross country, and both started new jobs in a new city. It did not dawn on me the magnitude of the "whirlwind" we had experienced until my first day back to work (after maternity leave) and HR commented, "Wow, every major life changing decision possible, you experienced in a month."  Yes, that's how we roll.  Hahaha. No, not really. It's crazy, I tell you, just plain crazy! Crazy grace I like to call it. Seriously, it was all God, divinely and abruptly so. Hahaha. It's been 7 months since we've re-located to Seattle. And I'm just now getting around to purchasing items to organize our home. Life happened and it happened very fast with no breaks in between. Thankful that these major moves happen so fast that I don't get a chance to sit around and "think" cause that would totally freak me out! As if I need any extra reason or help with freaking out, I do it very well on my own. And again, I say, crazy grace. But I'll save those details for another post.

Fort Worth was short in time but full and rich in experience and life. The duration of our stay in DFW was quite shorter than we anticipated but we left not feeling deprived, robbed or short changed. God allowed DFW to serve its' purpose. Just this past weekend on an outing with my two favorite boys, we discovered a part of town that reminded us of DFW and a sense of sweetness overwhelmed us as we recounted those days. At this juncture in our journey looking back, so far (bc I'm certain there are more in process) I see/understand a few purposes and blessings:

1. The birth of our son. (This is an obvious one, hehehe). Texan!
2. Seminary campus living. Loved it.
3. Rest. Physical, spiritual, emotional and mental.
4. Gateway Church. Awesome!
5. Friends, true friends.
6. God knows best and better.
7. Learning to live and love life, especially when everything is not ideal.
8. Answered prayers that look very different from what I was hoping, but proven, a million times God better.
9. New season. Receiving.
10. Opportunities will come and go. Discerning God's will and His best, though his "best" may look different than what "best" may be expected to look like.

Just a few fragmented blurbs that came to mind. God is faithful. Oh yes, he most definitely answers prayers. But, whether that answered prayer looks like what we thought or envisioned, hmmmm, not always. Lol. One of our biggest prayers was to live in community and to provide a community church body for our son. Yup, God answered, but we didn't think the answer was by way of Seattle - mind you, I'm from NC and my husband is from TX. But even as I typed that sentence, it would not be entirely accurate if I said we were surprised, we weren't. Again, no credit of our own, it's that grace again. And I'm okay with it and we would not change a thing. We are divinely in God's will, and by His grace, we are where we are to be in this chapter.

Comments

Popular Posts