Elon girls

It seemed liked ions of years since I had a chance to hang with some girlfriends from college.  I am thankful we had a chance.  Before I moved to Fort Worth, I had a great visit with two great friends.

Us three girls started at Elon together in 1998.  Three gals, three different states, trying to figure out who we were and what we were suppose to be doing while navigating college life. God in his goodness, allowed us to find each other! Marsha was my roommate and Jaime, we'll, I could have been her roommate considering the amount of time we spent together or in her dorm room. 

We gals finally got together on a Saturday afternoon.  Of course me and my abruptness, in mid conversation I just blurted out, "We are all grown up now!" We are in different phases of life - a newborn baby, career changes, taking care of parents, expecting and relocating. One thing we all have in common now is that we are all on our "own" - we do not live close to our immediate families - they are in different states.  Random thought.  

Even though we hadn't seen each other for some time, we had no problem picking back up.  I can only give God credit for our friendship.  As different as we may be, another thing we have in common, we love God.  

Last week when unpacking some boxes, I stumbled across some old college mementos.  I was reminded of how blessed I am.  College was great. I not only walked away with a great experience but God provided amazing, godly friends. I am in part who I am today because of those college gals.  

I've said it often but my life took a 180 during college.  Elon was the only school I did not visit but God knew what He was doing when this "never-been out of the city girl" moved 45 minutes away from home to the college dorms! :)  I wouldn't change it for the world. I wouldn't exchange my friends.  


Truly, nothing lasts in life other than relationships.  I want to nurture and grow the friendships God has given.

Comments

Just saw this. Love it and you! xoxo Jaime
Just saw this. Love it and you! xoxo Jaime

Popular Posts