MIA ...

It's been a while since I've last posted.  Actually, it's been a LONG while.   I finally have a calm and settled, well, semi-settled moment to write.  I am resting at a good friend's family home in Dallas.  It's been a whirlwind the past few months, to say the least.  God has my husband and I on a new chapter as we continue to journey with Him.  We are grateful. 

SO ...  God has extended our roots and expanded our family.  We relocated to Dallas/Fort Worth and are expecting our first baby! :)  We literally just drove into town last night.  Our road trip begun Monday.  We got off to a late start but because I am with child, we were taking it slow. :) 

Our baby is a trooper!  We fared well on the road considering the circumstances (gas station restrooms = NO fun!!).  God is gracious (and praise God for a praying husband.  Happy wife = happy life - God provided good, clean hotel stays.  It was diamond in a rough.  Me + no good hotel = issues; ie., a stressed out husband). 

I never felt totally "miserable" on the car ride but uncomfortable enough to make you irritable.   BUT, praise God for a mellow baby.  This pregnancy has got me mellow.  I've just been quiet (probably a combination of pondering and thinking for all the other changes also taking place). Nonetheless, I'm most certain this is God's way of helping me to keep a trap on my mouth! 

It was hard to eat healthy and consistently on the road, especially when our route took us through small towns.  But we made do and our baby toughed it out with us.  Praise God I felt a million times physically "together" when we finally arrived in Texas. The sun also decided to make it's grand appearance.  It rained for a good part of our drive. 

More details to share about the process leading up to the move and everything in between.  I am grateful for full circles and time for closure.  Grateful that God would consider us faithful to go on mission for Him on a "new" but ordained before the foundations of time assignment.

My desire and prayer is to be faithful.  While many details are still unfolding and there is quite a work before us, we are confident in God. I'm taking one day at a time.  Baby, work and supporting my man is my primary focus for this season of this new chapter. Everything else, get in line! :O  Hard to put into words but we've been waiting and praying for this moment.  I'm going to enjoy the adventure! Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus!

Don't get me wrong, I've had my anxious moments with all of the unknowns and variables leading up to today.  And I'm sure I'll have other days as well.  But a remarkable miracle only God is that I've seriously have had an overwhelming peace that is truly beyond my comprehension or anything of myself since the beginning of this year when God shed some light on our new adventure.  (Also, I can't forget to praise God for my praying family and friends.)  As much of a planner and worry wart I can be, it was different this time around.  Perhaps I'm more mature, "seasoned" traveler, more experienced, etc.  I'd agree to all of those but particularly, I think it also has a lot to do with the fact that during the course of my walk with God, I have become familiar with His faithfulness, provisions and miraculous work that when we heard His voice, we said "yes, we'll go" believing He'd take care of us because he's done it before, he'll do it again. 

While we have a million logistics to iron out ... all is well with my soul.  God has been faithful to His promises in the past, surely He'll do it again.  Living one day at a time, trusting in Him.

Among many needed prayers, a huge prayer and longing of mine is that God would provide an authentic biblical community - fellowship.  I desire true biblical community and living.  Praise God, we weren't intended to do this alone.

It's a new chapter!!  Praise God.

Comments

Popular Posts