Frances + Mason

I cannot wait to celebrate with Frances and Mason!

Below is a snapshot of their story. Beautifully written, inspiring and captivating. The words are moving. I especially love the last line. Indeed, Mason and Frances, you two have captured the essence of marriage - to glorify God.

We love you, two!

About:

The most interesting couple in the world.

The first time I saw her was at the Galleria mall where I worked. She came in with her friends and her Starbucks coffee (which I was praying she wouldn't spill all over the clothes I had just folded). I never forgot who she was or what she looked like. One of the classes I took was in the Art Department the next semester, and interestingly enough, she was in the same class, Scandanavian Design.

It wasnt until several weeks had gone by that I actually introduced myself. That morning, I played it smooth and impressed by my handshake, we established a friendship through casual conversation that day, followed by the inevitable Facebook friend request.

Still friends, it was the Summer of 2007 that I knew we would get married. I was standing in my friend's apartment, house sitting while they were away in Mexico on vacation and asked Frances a simple question and her reply was in line with what, as a young believer just a few years earlier, God had revealed to me.

Unsure of my feelings for her, I learned how to manage and prepare myself for our future dating relationship. As our friendship progressed, I began to see things in her that were hard to find in other girls in my circle. Values and characteristics that all men should want in a helpmate.

Amid uncertainty in our last semester in college, we began tossing around the idea of dating. We stayed at a distance, but for several months after college our worlds began to collide and we both made it habit of visiting each other at various locations around the globe with the hopes of solidifying our lives together one day. The progression of dating to engagement at times wasn't ideal, but in it, we were able to experience things that have molded us for a lifetime.

Nobody is ever ready for marriage. Moving into that stage in life is something that takes faith and trust that the benefits far outweigh anything that can come between two people.

We are getting married because we believe God is more glorified in us together, than apart.

Comments

Popular Posts