Love vs. Principle

God is constantly teaching my heart to love - and what it truly means to love without regards to myself, without conditions and to love in such a powerful way that it overlooks an offense even if by principle I am correct.

Am I there? Absolutely not! Apparently because God is constantly sharpening and testing me in this area. I do praise God for glimpse of victory and His strength. Truly it is only by the transforming power and aid of the Holy Spirit that enables us to love like God not like ourselves.

Being right is not the goal. Proving and making a point - even if you are correct is not the goal. Fighting to prove and illustrate a principle is not the goal. Loving like Christ and extending love even though it may seem "illogical" (world's standard) is crazy but that is simply the way it is suppose to be.

Are we loving to love as Christ for we have been touched by His contagious love or are we loving to simply gratify and prove our case or display our good deeds? Our love should always point people to Christ - not us.

Comments

Popular Posts