Beyond

I am blessed beyond measure. I praise God for He is a God of completion and wholeness. I think that it why He often encourages and challenges us to look at things in light of the "big" picture rather than snapshots and fragments of images. If I focus simply on the things before me and the "snapshots" how overwhelming and depressing that could be. Praise God for He continually reminds me to see things in light of eternity - the big picture.

We have had an awesome time visiting families. I thoroughly enjoy meeting parents. I can't describe how exciting it is for me. I love to know the origin of things and the way it connects and how all things are woven together. So I guess in the same way, I enjoy meeting the kids parents because it gives me more insight into the youth and some sense of a "deeper" connection knowing that they belong to someone and they "came" from somewhere. I know that sounds weird but it makes sense in my head. I think it follows the concept I love about God is that we are not accidents, a coincidence but purposed and formed before time by God. There is a story - a beginning, a middle and an end. So with each youth, there is a story. And when I get to meet their family and enter into a private place their home, I feel connected and a part of their "story," their life.

I praise God for nuggets of truth and encouragement this week. It touched my heart so much to hear one parent share with my husband and I that she prays for us - for both of us. God knew the things I needed to hear though I mentioned to no one, not even my husband. To be quite frank, often times God gives me things that I didn't even know I "needed" but when He gives, I am reminded He knows me FULL well, better than I know myself. He is already at work, meeting my needs even before I knew I had a need. Praise GOD!! Is that not the same why salvation works? He is a great supplier, provider and He thinks ahead for all situations. God is always prepared!!

I thank God for a particular sister in Christ whose walk has mirrored and parallel my walk. It is amazing how we find ourselves encountering the same thing at the same time! God gives good gifts in friends and sisterhood. Someone with whom my heart can identify with and who understands me without me having to say many words at all. Only from God. Thank You Lord!

Comments

Popular Posts