And then there was 3

Grandma Vo flew back home to North Carolina this morning.  Man, 36 days sure did fly by fast.  Praise God she made it to Fort Worth and now back to Greensboro safely.  I am grateful for the opportunity over the past month to spend with my mom.  This is the first time ever she has stayed in my home.  I was curious how the visit would be since the last time I saw her I was daughter and wife and now in an instant, I'm also mommy.  I do believe in God's natural order, things are very natural.  The process of me transitioning roles for myself and with my mom was very natural - almost instant.  I praise God for that is His preparation and hand.  When God ordains and appoints a thing, it's supernaturally, natural.  Bless you, Lord.

It was incredibly comforting having a third person available if and when needed.  My husband and I (my husband more than me) actually took care of Noah for a great majority of the first month of his life (outside the womb, that is.).  My mom did all the cooking, bathing, and watched Noah when we needed a break (that's alot in and of itself!).  Oh, I can't forget to mention she held his hand the entire trip to and back from Houston (Noah's first long, long outing.  The bumpy road startled him since he was not swaddled in his carseat).  Speaking of Houston, we had a wonderful trip.  I do believe the trip was "complete" and "full circle" (in more ways than I can share at this moment) because my mom was with us.  In God's goodness and his Sovereignty.  My heart is overwhelmed with gratitude to our great God. 

In reflection, the biggest help my mom was to us was simply being there which gave us confidence to try our hand as first time parents.  Please make no mistake, we are no where close to being confident as parents at this point or any where close to being confident during the process leading up to today. But I tell ya, God's grace enables and gives us confidence.  Also, prayer, prayer!  I've never prayed more in my entire life (can't forget the prayers of so many who love us), and never thought I would praise God for a burp, a bowel movement or anything related to what newborns do at this stage of life!  Lol.  You would have thought someone came into salvation with the way we celebrate a good, hearty, deep in your gut burp in the Truong household! (Oh if you only knew the woes of a gassy baby and the recourse if he is not burped often and well.) 

What a beautiful reflection of God the Father.  He sits enthroned above rooting his children on.  We are enabled through the work of Jesus Christ on the cross and equipped and empowered by the power of the Holy Spirit to do what God the Father has assigned.  Surely he never calls or sends without providing the means to accomplish the work he has assigned.  HE gives us confidence for every good work.  He is very well experienced and knows what He is doing.  He is engaged and involved in the process and the journey.  And when we find ourselves in need of help or direction (which will be often), we can call out to Him at anytime for He is only a word (prayer) away!

Okay back to Grandma Vo.  She is a hoot, easy going and loves to laugh.  We have great memories (but no pictures!) with her. My husband and mom get along great. They had many moments of clowning on each other and pointing fingers at who was the loud one that woke up Noah.  And of course there is me, blaming the both of them and making sure they get back in line! Lol.

Today, she is home where her heart is.  She missed her other grandchildren the week she arrived.  She misses the church ladies.  She misses the familiarity of her own home and the town she lives in.  She misses her freedom to go where she needs to go because she knows where she is going! My dad misses her and the church ladies misses her too. I'm thankful she came.  I'm thankful she made it home.  She is where she belongs.  (No boo-hoo'ing, there is always facetime!)

Speaking of boo-hoo'ing, would you believe to which I even surprised myself, I did not shed a tear or even get a lump in my throat when I said good-bye.  Strange huh?!?  Perhaps being a mommy has now toughened me up.  I don't have time to boo-hoo, Noah is boo-hoo'ing (nah JK, he's a great baby).  Or it could be it was 4:30am and I was half a sleep.  Or perhaps I was consumed with watching Noah sleep, praying, praying he would stay asleep for another hour before the next feeding.

Well, who knows.  Maybe I'm all grown up now. (Funny as I write this, I'm wanting to tear up! What in the world ... I'm okay. No tears.) 

I am happy.   God allowed for "closure" in so many ways - in every aspect of my life.  Full circle.  Surely God is infinitely gracious in all of his ways. 

Oooo.  Perhaps.  Maybe it is a new season in a new chapter for the Truong family! :) A new season in a new chapter in the physical and spiritual realm.  Bless God Almighty. 

We shall wait and see ... only the days to come will tell of the story God has been continually writing.  A story for His name and fame.  There is no wasted moment or experience. There is purpose in all things when God is in the center of it all. 

There is LIFE even in the winter season ... Noah Michael Truong is living proof!!  It's not for not that God would give us a son at this perfect and appointed time and would name him Noah - peaceful, comfort and rest.  How divinely precise! 

Thank you, sweet Jesus for you are kind and generous, more than this heart can bear and this life deserves.  Thank you, thank you my sweet Savior. 

And so the story continues ...  and then there was 3 ...  and I must say, 3 feels good.

Comments

Popular Posts