A splendid day

Well, I've been a little slack on blogging. Busy has been an understatement, but God is always faithful. We are excited for the Summer and all that God has in store. More on our Summer plans, but another time.

Today was a beautiful day. Nothing better than a great sunny (75 degree) afternoon. And it definitely doesn't get any better than this...



Never mind the yucky windshield.  Would you believe that's after my husband just washed my car! If you think that's bad, wait till I show you the before picture.

Alright, here's a "cleaner" shot.


That's right.  Frozen yogurt (cappuccino) and Christy Nockels newest CD! 

Have I ever told you I heart her?!?  Indeed she is my favorite.  As strange as it may sound, I connect not only with her music but my spirit identifies with her journey.  Well, the bits and parts of the journey that has been revealed through songs and her personal writings.  It's the strangest thing, but so undeniably true.  I love her sweet and gracious transparency. 

I once told a friend that I love sitting in my car.  Seriously, I do.  That's where I get my "quiet" time.  No, not my Jesus devotional quiet time, well, I guess you could say that quiet time but my other quiet time.

Some may go to the lake, others to the mountains, me, it's my car.  Why?  Several reasons: 

1.  I spend alot of time in my car (commuting to work)
2.  Heart the family, but living with your extended family...well, it can be a challenge to find a quiet corner in the house.
3.  It's mine.  My space.  My sanctuary.

And in God's kindness, it is in my car, that very 2001 Toyota Camry (my first car, the car I purchased after college and paid off on my own, once silver but now looks more grayish....) that God speaks.  I can honestly say the most life changing revelations, "ah-ha" moments, ministry, dark seasons, correction, the birth and death of "dreams" (or better worded, the "reality" of what is and what is not) and healing (my very own and those I've been honored to mentor) took place in that very car.  My sanctuary. 

While it's not your ideal or typical sanctuary, it's mine.  God knows my story and my journey.  I'm so grateful God looks beyond the exterior, the physical and sees the interior, the heart.  He kindly speaks, even if the only place available is a car.  Glory!

That car has been faithful.  What a journey (literally and spiritually speaking) that car has been on with me (single) and now married.  Make no mistake, I'm not praising the car (while I am extremely grateful that car has done me good and I'm still praying a couple more years out of faithful Cammy...).  That car represents so many chapters and seasons of my life.  Overwhelmingly grateful to God. 

Okay so back to the main reason for the post.  I found out about the new CD.  I read a snapshot of the story behind the songs (you know I love stories!) and cried reading.  How my heart identifies.  Christy shares she embarked on this project but found herself asking if she is ready.  It was then she paused and sought intense discipleship from her brother for 3 months.  The Lord ministered and spoke much to her of her identity and more importantly, her identity in Christ. 

I was driving home from work today. Too beautiful of a day to drive straight home.  Swung by Lifeway and picked up the CD.  Popped it into my car CD player and drove a few feet to Sweet Frog.  Took my yogurt to-go and sat in my car and the second song played.  Ahhh!!

Devouring lovely smooth frozen yogurt with the sun in my face and now tears welling up in my eyes.  A heavenly divine moment! 

Soundtrack 2:  For Your Splendor

"I'm so concerned with what I look like from the outside.  Will I blossom into what You hope I'll be.  Yet You're so patient just to help me see.  The blooms come from a deeper seed that You planted in me.  Sometimes it's hard to grow when everybody's watching.  To have your heart pruned by the one who knows best.  And though I'm bare and cold.  I know my season's coming.  And I'll spring up in Your endless faithfulness.  With my roots deep in You.  I'll grow the branch that bears the fruit.  And though I'm small, I'll still be standing in the storm.  'Cause I am planted by the river by Your streams and living water.  And I'll grow up strong and beautiful, all for Your splendor, Lord.  So with my arms stretched out, I'm swaying to your heartbeat. 

I'm growing with the sound of Your voice calling.  You're bringing out the beauty that You have put in me.  For Your joy and for Your glory falling." 

Comments

Popular Posts