Birthday

So I am only a month late. But my birthday was last month.  Whoot! This post is to brag on the graciousness of God.  Nothing of me, all of Him.

God gives beautiful gifts.  Indeed He gives the physical and tangible gifts.  Then He gives the gift of friends and then the companionship with those friends.  And if that were not enough, for me, the overwhelming gift of being affirmed that God sees me and knows me, that's it for me.  I'm done! :)

This year, God gathered the tangible gifts, the gift of friends, and the intrinsic gift of companionship with those friends and wrapped it all beautifully together to remind me of how great is His love towards me.  Why?  Because God is simply Love.  And He created us for community.  To live and love and be loved  by others to demonstrate how grand is His love.  And having received that love, to overflow...

I am not a really "gift" person.  Or rather, perhaps I've never allowed people to love on me through gifts.  Or maybe I've never really received gifts so I just assume I'm not a gift person.  Or I feared receiving or wanting gifts meant I'm superficial.  Anyway, that's besides the point.  God has ministered and resolved that area in my heart, praise God! Bottom line, gifts are beautiful.

So the gifts were very, very cool (some I "casually" thought about and God supplied)! But the story behind the gift and the fact that God chose to affirm He sees me by giving a tangible gift that represents a physical need but deeper still, a heart need is special.  Each gift was handpicked and thought of just for me and with me in mind!

If I haven't said it enough, I'll say it again.  The gift that He sees me and uses the community and body of believers I love so dearly to affirm His heart towards me is THE BEST gift I've received on this birthday for the Glory of His great Name!  Thank you, Jesus.  And thank you wonderful companions for being sensitive to the Holy Spirit and being a willing vessel.  Only time will be able to tell the magnitude of the signifiance of your act as God uses it as a catalyst to thrust me forward into all of Him and all of who I truly am in Him.  I love you!







Comments

Popular Posts