words tonight

God is gracious, more gracious than I could ever fathom or wrap my brain around. He's simply God.

In deep thought and reflection is perhaps an understatement of where I've been lately. Very necessary and good but at times the process can be a bit exhausting and perplexing. Indeed embarking on some new things and the Lord would have it no other way than to make sure I am "fit!" He's a good Daddy, He is so for me and my success in Him.

I am such an emotional creature, a deep thinker too. So at any given moment, a million thoughts and emotions could be running through me and I don't realize what I am actually "feeling" until someone stops and asks me. And even then, I know I have lots to say and I want to say something but at the same time, I find myself at a loss of words to describe or verbalize. But yet, I still feel like something needs to be said or could be said at this juncture. In those moments, I realize, God wants me to continue to process and flesh it out with him, just for a little while longer. And God never fails me, He always graciously "sends" a song to speak on my behalf until He allows for my own words to proclaim and declare the work He has done/doing. For is it not all about sharing the journey and process?

I love that image. Does that not embody the very essence of the Body of Christ? The fellowship? The legacy of faith? Walking in the paths that have been forged and pioneered by someone that has gone before me, helping me to find my way as I am on journey to finding my way? Beautiful. Surely, we need one another!

A good friend text today just because. She said hello and "how are you?" My response: "Praise God, I am well, He is gracious. A little quiet, just want to hear and be."

My heart has much to say but for now, let these words be the words of my mouth.



(May the Words of My Mouth - Christy Nockels w/ Janna Long)

Comments

Popular Posts