sense of humor

If you are going to survive and thrive in ministry, you are going to need a sense of humor. Of course there are a list of other "must haves" but for today, a sense of humor is top on my list! :)

Some days, you just have to have a good laugh to lighten the intensity and seriousness of ministry at times. While yes, we pray through and at the same time, you can have a good laugh. Otherwise, you may be liable to give up or cry! Now I've had my good cries but today, God had me cracking up, not crying. Bless God, I'm thankful. I'd cry enough, I'd much rather laugh my way to glory for this part of the journey.

God is good. He paired me up with the best match ever, my beloved. I'm sassy and serious and my beloved is also serious but he brings a much needed element of humor to what I like to call our "God chaos." My husband has this uncanny God ability to lighten the intensity just at the right moment. It's an amazing God thing, he is really a great balanced man.

Ministry can be stressful and intense at times. What am I talking about, life is stressful and intense at times. So how do we keep sane? Surround yourself with good people who can help you keep things in perspective and give you a good laugh while you're at it.

Balance is a good thing, rather, a great thing!

Comments

Popular Posts