twin

I think I found my husband's twin! Well...not really. He just so happens to be 40 years older than my beloved and white but nonetheless, they are "twins" in the sense of "ministry fire crackerness." I know that's not a word but I just made it up!

Last Sunday we had a blast closing out the "wanting, wishing, wedding" series at church. The last message was closed out by the former Senior pastor of our church. It was BEAUTIFUL, truly a beautiful wedding celebration from start of worship to close at the altar. The message was kick butt, great message. Not only to mention I found much "relief" when I heard the speaker because indeed there is another fire-cracker as fire'y as my beloved :) They are SO much alike, too funny. But that is besides the point. The most beautiful part of it all was how our current Senior Pastor opened and intro the former Senior pastor, I nearly teared up! Talk about honoring and God glorifying, it wasn't for show, it was for real.

The age difference between the two is about 40 years. The former Senior pastored the church for at least over 25 years before our current pastor took over. The current pastor esteemed the former and the former called the current "my pastor." I didn't have to be there for the transitional years of leadership but you can sense there was nothing but honor and humility to God and one another that threaded every fabric of that season. It was a great confirmation in a interesting way, that is how things are suppose to be done. I am no fool in assuming there were not "hiccups" and growing pains but if we are all about building one another, first, then the things of the kingdom will naturally, or rather supernaturally flow and it will bless all involved.

Needless to say, it was a blessed celebration, the day after our anniversary :) God is great, so very great!

Comments

Popular Posts